Saturday, May 02, 2009

Ooh Midnight

Its 12:41am on a Friday night. I'm sitting on the floor in front the tv playing guitar (I'm playing guitar, not the tv). I look up. Its an infomercial, but oh my sweet lord, its an infomercial for The Midnight Special on DVD.

You just don't know. You just don't know! Before MTV and music videos, there was The Midnight Special. It was the show a young pre-teen rock-n-roll geek like me discovered when I managed to stay up really really late one night. And my word it was pure magic!

All the top artist of that day and age performing live on late tv. Performing live. Real instruments. Real singers. Real musicians at the top of their game. And now all that is being released on DVD. How can I be so lucky?
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: