Friday, April 08, 2016

Bands - Drift

So I'm a little disappointed.  I'm currently in three bands and one of them set up a webpage with each members past band "credits".  First, they spelled my name wrong (gotta love that), then for my credit they didn't even reference the best band I had been in.  Not thrilled.

But that's what you get when you google instead of asking.  I guess there's not as much about my band history on the internet as I'd like there to be.  Which makes me sad because there were some gems among the bunch.

Here we go:


DRIFT
(1998)
Jason Boles -guitar/vocals, Laurie-Anne R. Collins - bass, James Saint-Amour - drums
Jon Soucy - guitar (would join later)

My first band.  Jim the drummer and I worked together. When we discovered we both were musicians, I told him I was itching to join a band.  I had spent most of my musical life writing songs and recording demos by myself up to that point.  Luckily, he was in a band looking for a bass player.  I volunteered, met his friend Jason Boles and begin playing in the first of many bands I'd be in with Jason.
Jason Boles


Jim Saint-Amour
Me
Our first (and my first) gig at Highland Grounds (RIP)
ye olde Crooked Bar (RIP)


No comments: