Monday, April 06, 2009

Anyone Else Watching "Chuck"? Part 2

Because it looks like I'm not the only one asking this question. As the 2008-2009 TV Season nears its end, and television bloggers are noting the shows that haven't been renewed yet but need to be, guess who is topping the list?

See for yourself. Television Without Pity has gone to bat for "Chuck" before (in fact it was an article I discovered on that website in December which encouraged me to check the show out on Hulu.com). Well they're at it again:

TWoP 10: Shows That Should Return Next Fall (But Might Not)

Guess who's #1? Just a week ago they posted this

Chuck: Seven Reasons It Deserves a Third Season

Seems some other TV bloggers are joining the chorus all spearheaded by GiveMeMyRemote.com:

Chuck vs. The Network Pickup

For the entire week they're asking other bloggers to join the fun to help bring attention to this great little show. Additional links to other bloggers', er, Chuck love can be found there.

Now, I know I'm moving into obnoxious annoying territory. We've all had that friend who just keeps going on and on and on about how great this one tv show/band/actor/actress/restaurant/movie is and we kind of roll our eyes and think ENOUGH ALREADY! STFU! But everyone once in a while, you decide, what the heck. I'll check it out just to shut them up. Instead you end up being pleasantly surprised.

I don't want to be that person who needs to STFU. But I do want you to be pleasantly surprised. If you're not, then you're not. Simple as that. If you are, you can thank me later.

I can't think of any better way to top off this post than with a tribute to Captain Awesome. Because I love Captain Awesome. And it's not just because they have him practically naked half the time (I really need to do a running tally called "Topless Awesome vs. Yvonne Strahovski's Underwear: Who's Half Naked More?"). Enjoy.

Chuck: Best of Captain Awesome



Warning: I've decided to be obnoxious and in need to STFU! for a little while longer. I'll be posting something "Chuck" related to this blog for the rest of this week.

No comments: